You might remember in this post I featured my DIY garters- and here they are!
These where partly a practical DIY (my socks are always falling down!) but mostly I was inspired by the following...
... and if you don't feel up to making them your self, Creepyyeha has some amazing garters, as does Gigi L'Amours, Sacred Latex, and the amazing Swan Clothing.
The were simple enough to make (when you don't accidentally sew on one half of the popper the wrong way) and was made from a thick elastic (about an inch thick), thin elastic (about half an inch thick), suspender hooks, black thread and clothes poppers.
1) Using the thin elastic stitch one end onto the suspender hooks (check the size of the elastic you need before you buy it). I got ALL of these supplies from Hobby craft.
2) make four of these suspenders leaving at least 2 inches extra then the lenght you want (if that makes sense) to attach to the wider elastic.
3) cut a length of the thicker elastic- I cut it to the width on my thigh so when overlapped for the poppers will be tight. I measured both thighs as my thighs are not even but this doesn't really matter.
4) fold over the end of the thick elastic slightly (so it make a neat edge) and sew on a popper to either side. Ensure that the elastic loops for the garter around your leg- so one popper is attached to one side of the elastic and the other popper to the other side. Not what I done the first time and had to unstich and re-sew it.
5) next make a loop on the end of all the suspenders so the loop is only SLIGHTLY bigger than the garter (so it sits nicely). You can attach these straight onto the garter but I wanted to make so I can adjust the suspender position if sitting uncomfortably.
6) Two suspenders attach to either garter
7) and you're done!