Sunday, 2 September 2012

"WORKING FOR THE RAT RACE, YOU KNOW YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TIME".

Listening to: Rat Race- The Specials.

Sorry I have been absent from blogging for most of this week- I have been beyond  tired working long days at work Monday to Friday and really just wanted to concentrate on a bit of me time (which mostly consisted of sitting in my leopard print Boohoo onesie reading books on my kindle).

But I'm back with a little DIY project I want to share.


I have made a beautiful slime Goddess crop top.

I've been full of lust at late for a slime word top, such as the beauties form Nikki lipstick ever since I saw Laura's (from A Forte For Fashion) slime nail art. Not being one who has painted nails every day (which I am very jealous of) I wanted the chance to carry around my only little bit of slime inspired fashion.


Whoever  beautiful these items are (a little pick from what I have been inspired by) the actual message wasn't really for me. I wanted something 'positive' to flash about, something very Jodie- and well I am a Goddess so it only seemed appropriate I made my own.

The letters I got from Font Space , tweaked them a little bit, and cut out the centre- I left this a little messy because I didn't want perfectly clean lines of the letter I wanted them a to look as slimy as possible (I also didn't cut out all the doubled-up letters because I was just plain lazy).


I use men's medium t-shirts whenever I'm DIYing- I just think men's are a  better cut. I wanted the letters to go across my chest and I know from experience that the bottom of men's sleeves cut across where I wanted- so I placed newspaper there to give e a guide and protect the other side of the top.


I paced the letters over the newspaper guide and lightly drew around the outline for each letter, removed the stencil and painted the letters on with Dylon fabric paint properly.



As you can see I made a few tiny mistakes (I couldn't for the life of me remember how the curve or a G went for a moment) so went over them with a black Dylon fabric pen.


To get the cut how I wanted I cut the neckline from about 2 inches away from the sleeve seams either side, folded in half to match either point and cut in practically a straight line. For the length of the crop at the waist I explained in this post (its important that you cut the neckline first as its going to affect the length of the crop).

What does everyone think?
Jodie x

24 comments:

  1. awww thanks for the credit doll!

    It looks awesome - I wish I was more crafty !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats ok- your nails was that encouraged me i cundlnt not credit you
      x

      Delete
  2. Nice post and blog!
    Wanna follow eachother?
    Love, Anne

    www.movieanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome DIY!! Looks so cute.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well done, looks fab :).

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, I love this so much! <3 and the crop cut is truly perfection!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you- its very easy and quick tooo only took about 45 minutes!

      Delete
  6. Hi doll, welcome back, hope you had some good time off. You're so creative, this came out too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and yes i did! I cant believe how tired one person could get but all these 50plus hour weeks are getting to me again
      x

      Delete
  7. Big love! No worries about those tiny mistakes, the imperfection is everything. I love imperfections!

    xx
    The Young Bridget Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love to think of it being imperfect now thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Seriously so awesome.
    I wanna make one for myself now that says like...mermaid or something.

    L.
    Good Morning Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "Goddess" shirt -- totally appropriate! I'm sure it looks really cute on, too.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you- it looks better on (if thats possible)

      Delete
  10. That is so cool! Can't wait for the outfit photo! And hey, you can't drink too much tea ;)

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think its possible to drink to much herbal tea but tea with caffine is a close call

      Delete
  11. Visiting your blog is a good way to upgrade in fashion.

    ReplyDelete