Saturday, 23 February 2013

London Fashion Week Day 4


So Monday was my last day at LFW A/W 13 and I can't believe how much I miss it. I've been in an obvious downer all week! Is it a little bit pathetic that I bought s dress and in my mind went "I can wear this to LFW"?

Monday I woke up late (hence the up-do) and after nearly freezing Sunday I wrapped up a lot, I even borrowed Chris' jacket I've had my eye on for the last few weeks.



Tights and socks: Primark
Silk dress: Charity Shop
Boots: Dr Martens
Sleeveless denim shirt: Charity Shop
Bow Tie: Vintage
Denim Jacket: Charity Shop
Leather Jacket: H&M (mens)
Earrings: Topshop
Lipstick: MAC
Bag: River Island

My Dr Martens were a definite win- my feet were killing me from the days previous and I am still living in the now- they're just so comfortable and warm! Shortly after i bought these boots everyone was buying the patent short ones and now I'm sort of thinking maybe I should join the party? One thing for certain I NEED these Dr Martens shoes!!


I'm trying to justify to myself to buy them for work but I know I wouldn't just wear them for work. I really can't talk myself into buying these for work but I love them too!

After meeting Laura, Kavita and the lovely Lereese there was a mini media frenzy- everyone wanted a photo of my girls! In fact we had a LOT of people photograph us all together which was a massive surprise from the majority of the street style shots we had seen of the week- especially that we were all dressed so differently! Someone said to Laura that we were the new "style tribe" which we laughed at at first but to be honest it fits.

Possibly the best thing about the blogging community and LFW as a whole is the mix if styles and personalities thrown together- and over tea with Lauren we couldn't deny that we did all have a tribe :)

Monday was a quite day for us, but (OH MY GOD) Laura got interviewed for Vogue TV! Could not have been more proud and happy for her as she looked amazing :) To add to Laura's goddess status she also managed to get me into my first ever show at the BBC show space (I nearly hyperventilated with the excitement- it's a beautiful setting and holds a sort of magic in the air) and she sorted out my camera to take the perfect photos! Plus I got to meet the ever so kind Pearl (who was also interviewed for Vogue!) and she's included me in her street style post :)


Basically LFW has been the best experience if my life all thanks to the amazing people I've met, I saw 4 shows, including one at the BBC catwalk, was street styled photographed, had far too much champagne and too little food, and just can't thank my style tribe enough!

I've had a LOT of comments about how lucky I've been and I can't deny I am lucky with the people I've met but LFW it is free to get into Somerset House so I urge everyone near London to go next season- I went without a bloggers pass or any ticket invites and look at the fun I had.

Normal posting will resume of my ever so dull life, plus over the next few weeks I'll post about the shows I've seen and all the street style I had seen.
Jodie x

15 comments:

  1. I love it! The bow tie is the winner!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice outfit *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived in London...haha, it truly must've been an amazing experience for you, and so glad you got to go! :)
    I love Doc Martens too - perfect shoe for looking cool and comfy at the same time

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jacket! Love the Dr.Martens shoes!!!!
    Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog dear.
    May be we can follow each other, if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post :)

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you had an amazing time at LFW! I like the grunginess of your outfit, you look great..

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo cool. love the tie!

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really interesting and edgy outfit!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice look dear. Would u like to follow each other?
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just been catching up with your posts...damn girl you look amazing in your LFW snaps (not that you dont normally haha)

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete